Monday, March 29, 2010

Nutrisystem (Day 2 Minus 0.5 lbs)

I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day. It's just plain stupid and a good way to get frustrated, but the scale was just sitting there on the floor silently drawing me nearer as I brushed my teeth like some magnetic force from deep inside the Earth's core.
Fortunately I can report at least a minor victory after day one. Here's my little recap:
Breakfast we had planned to take Paul's Granny out. We went to IHOP (I know - high brow!) and I ordered off of their IHOP for Me menu...Egg Beaters, turkey bacon, dry wheat toast and fruit. It was actually really good. Maybe more calories than I should normally do for breakfast (like 360 or something) but it was fine and satisfying and actually tasted good.
Lunch I skipped and just had an orange because breakfast was really brunch.
Dinner I ate the NS Chicken with Almonds, Rice & Vegetables, and I am both pleased and surprised to report...It was actually pretty good! This whole new-mindset thing is already working out for me.
Then I had NS Hot Chocolate for my "dessert" and that was it. Actually quite simple and not a big deal at all.
And at the risk of sounding even more pathetic, I will do a gratuitous plug for the NS website, which tracks all your calories for you. You just put in what you ate and it does the rest. I like it!

1 comment: