Tuesday, March 30, 2010

OK, so maybe I was being a little too pie-in-sky

Well, I found something that I think it's safe to say is TERRIBLE. It was my lunch entree of Black Beans and Rice. Sounds harmless enough, but upon my first taste I immediately thought "this tastes like fish???" I checked the label and - sure enough - it contains dehydrated anchovy, sardines & tilapia. Now I realize that I can probably no longer separate the real from the imagined, but my second bite tasted exactly the way salmon eggs smell (the bait, not the delicacy). Suffice it to say that Roxy (my dog) didn't seem to mind, and I made myself a sandwich instead. The sandwich is good - I'm still eating it now...1 oz each of ham and turkey, mustard, lettuce, tomato & 1/4 avocado on a 100 calorie Orowheat Sandwich Roll. Unfortunately I have several more of those Black Beans & Rice cups in my cache...maybe I'll become more inured to it later in this saga, but for now that's going way to the back of the pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment