Thursday, April 1, 2010

Quagmires...




This is what I've been doing:



This is what I WANT to be doing:




So I need to ask...does the fact that I ate 2 Nutrisystem bars (Chocolatey Nougat Bar with Peanuts and Caramel and Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar) along with 2 cups of popcorn at a movie (Allow me to clarify - it was homemade popcorn that I actually made and snuck it in so I wouldn't be tempted by the high-calorie-high-dollar crap they sell there), does that all mean that I'm still addicted?


And what if I am really a food addict? It's not like I can just go on some 12 step program, admit that I'm powerless to food and then never touch the stuff again, can I? It's not like other drugs of choice that you can just swear off of - we need this stuff to live. So I guess it's about finding a balance. I just am apparently not very good at that.

So now I find myself in this quagmire, which seems a totally appropriate word because not only does it mean a sticky/difficult situation, but a secondary definition is "something soft or flabby" and that, I am afraid, I find myself too!

I guess -- mentally -- today is not my best NS day.

No comments:

Post a Comment