Saturday, April 3, 2010

Do skinny people dread holidays?

So I find myself wondering, are all the skinny people out there ruing Easter and all the chocolate bunnies, Honey Baked Hams, cakes, pies, and candies that come with it as much as I am?
For many years, I have hosted a big Easter Brunch and Egg Hunt and spent days and days beforehand baking and planning and baking and baking and baking and baking and baking some more. AND I LOVE IT! I love to see the children's excited faces as they find their candy treasures. I love to hear the "uuummmmm, this is sooooo good" from my guests. I just love it all. And it's not even the food itself that I love so much (don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the food), but it's the whole experience around the food, if you get what I'm sayin.
So now, I realize that this love-love relationship I have had with baking and baked goods is perhaps not the best way to spend my time if I ever want to fit back into that wardrobe collecting dust in my closet. And I have to ask - do skinny people struggle with this, or is it just another day filled with temptation that they can casually ignore and go about their business like they do everyday when they encounter those donuts sitting in the break room or candy bowls at the doctor's office?

No comments:

Post a Comment